Thursday 3 June 2010

Problems with Vodafone!

I bought a new Phone from Vodafone last weekend, and it's been nothing but trouble. I have spent ages on the phone to them, and also communicating with them via emails, to little effect.


The phone was a Samsung 360




Today I have travelled from the Isle of Bute to the mainland, and Vodafone's store in Greenock, to change the phone.

They tested it and saw the faults etc. Clearly not fit for purpose. They didn't have a replacement so I have to go back tomorrow at great expense (another ferry and bus trip), to pick another one up.

I said I would pay extra and have a more expensive phone replacement. (Sensible idea - yes?)

They said... (wait for it)... That is not allowed! In other words, I can't give them MORE money to have a better replacement, only the exact model.

This is NONSENSE! I am absolutely gobsmacked at the company's bizarre policy.

I am so dismayed about the time, expense and trouble I have been caused, that I wrote an email to their Chief Executive,  Mr Vittorio Colao, as I thought he should be made aware of the ridiculous situation. (Yes - you can look up Chief Exec's email addresses online!)

We'll see what happens...


UPDATE: I went over to the shop to pick up the replacement, and guess what... THAT one didn't work properly either. I came away with a different model, (which is what I'd wanted all along!)



Book Flights with eBookers...Book Hotels with eBookers